Delaware North Companies

www.delawarenorth.com

I have been used and unappreciated in these tough economic times.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsDNC is and desires to be a leader in the industry. They can provide excellent training and career advancement for those who perform on a high level. Also, the nature of the hospitality business requires constant adaptation to provide the best experience for the customer and meet the business goals set. The corporate office is responsive to the needs at the local level.

ConsAt the entry level, this is the food business and the pay is low compared to other professions. An employee can be held down by a general manager and/or area manager for different reasons. If an employee is performing multifunctions at a high level for a low salary, they may not be reccommended for advancement and/or rewarded for their efforts because they can not be replaced efficiently. An employee's loyalty and perfomance can be overlooked by their GM and used to advance their own careers. This goes beyond favoritism or personality conflicts, it simply can be what's best for the GM's bottom line. When a loyal, experienced employee has taken on numerous tasks with minimum staff , is totally consumed time-wise, and performing at a high level, opportunities can go to other managers who simply have more time, less responsibility and more support. When a GM hires a manager from the street without giving the opportunity to a high performing supervisor within, that supervisor is left feeling unappreciated and stuck in a rut.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be the leader in the industry and to evaluate more completely GMs. Encourage area managers to look beyond just the GM's opinions of their direct reports and actually search for talent that can benefit the company beyond their direct report.

DNC THS is a wonderful company to work for. The management needs much improvement.

Bartender (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros: Unit co-workers have a very strong bond. We've become… Cons: Unfair treatment from managment. Double Standards. Nitpicking, Immature… Advice to Senior Management: Please listen to the associates of DNC. We are not your associates, we share that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

long hours, minimum pay

Intern (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Delaware North Companies

Pros: I like the people that I work with Cons: benefits are hard to acquire Advice to Senior Management: be more flexible when time is needed off No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Delaware North Companies.

Worked for Delaware North Companies? Contribute to the Community!