There are newer employer reviews for Delaware North

It's a good place to work with job security. Would prefer more advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, NY

I have been working at Delaware North

Pros

Good benefits, area discounts, job security.

Cons

Sometimes with a larger company, the top of the totem pole forgets about the bottom. Sometimes political when it comes to promotions as with any job.

To be more open minded and willing to listen to their employees.

reviews filtered by

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Employee in West Yellowstone, MT
    Current Employee - Employee in West Yellowstone, MT

I have been working at Delaware North

Pros

Within walking distance to work, 50% discount on food in restaurant, GM is multi talented-very good with tools and perhaps one of the most useful employees I have met in upper management =) anywhere in any industry (high marks for him here).

Cons

This company has a long way to go and the list is very long indeed.

If you want good employees who value their jobs, who offer a great work ethic and are dependable you should really move away from the complacency of just making money and move into the arena of "quality over quantity"!! There are few companies who really practice what they preach and the motto for a good company is ( employees and customers are our lifeblood, one cannot survive without the other) !! Customers are easy to replace however a great employee is not, so focusing on just the customers, who are fickle to begin with, will result in poor customer service thus putting the company into the pool of negative operations to work for and visit. Great companies know that in order to succeed they must have a (solid foundation), being their employees, which in return they will deliver exceptional customer service further establishing a strong relationship with their guests. It is 2012 and even though it is an employer's market people are finally waking up realizing that the economy is recovering and those poor company's will be boycotted.

Amen and all hail those who speak up!!

A love/hate relationship

Current Employee - Guest Services in Fish Camp, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Fish Camp, CA

I have been working at Delaware North

Pros

A lot of amenities of the hotel are offered to employees for special events
    Good pay
    All the people within the lodge are great to work with
    Greenpath
    GuestPath big spin for rewards (gift cards, cash, hotel amenities, yosemite activities)
    Allstar rewards for employee recognition
    DNC properties around the world(transfer to locations, discounted rates ect)
    The love that I have for this company comes simply from the comitment and years I have put in as well as my fellow team members

Cons

Everywhere you look in employee materials say great opportunities for advancement but they are rare and far between, let alone ypou better hope you don't get passed up for the managers friend.
    Upper & Senior management kind of do whatever they want with no regards to the employees or the affect it will have on the departments.
    I have been passed up for promotions more than once buy someone who doesnt know what their doing but was friends with the manager.
    I understand that the hospitality industry fluctuates therefore you cant have set schedules but the way the schedules are are ridiculous. They come out 2 days prior(if your lucky) to when the new week is supposed to start and a lot of times there's turn arounds split days no consistency at all. It especially frustrating when certain employees like nights but get put on mornings and others like mornings but get put on nights but no switching is allowed.
    They have HR focus meetings to see where management can improve but it goes no where.
    There isnt even a brochure on the activities offered and if there were we would probably never have them in stock as with the rest of the brochures here.
    Management sits in their office and has no idea what is actually happening on the floor
    Lack of communication between departments

There are newer employer reviews for Delaware North