Delhaize

www.delhaizegroup.com
  www.delhaizegroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Delhaize

Fair

I have been working at Delhaize

Pros

My experience has been very positive. I have had great opportunities. My management team respects my work, and I have the freedom to challenge ideas. I recognize that this is partially due to having a good management team. I do find that people who work for people from larger companies (ie not homegrown small town city) tend to have a better work experience.

Cons

Small town attitudes still prevail. Benefits aren't that great - but depending on your area, compensation is fair and just. No tuition reimbursement, and management does not accept the telecommute policy put in place by HR.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Delhaize (View Most Recent)

Great Career

I worked at Delhaize full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large organization with global potential for advancements. Great benefits with good structure from multiple corporate offices.

Cons

reactive in management decisions, tough competition!

They really don't care about you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schodack Landing, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schodack Landing, NY

I have been working at Delhaize full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They had some good benefits but they are all gone now.

Cons

There is no balance (work and home life). They have cut so many hours to save payroll, you need to be available any hours just to make a pay check that you can live on, If you have a thought on improving a process or service, keep it to yourself. They don't care and won't act on it. Which is sort of funny because the only thing they seem to care about is the dollar. They seem to be targeting all of the long term associates and pushing them out to save payroll. It looks to me like they are on a path to contract out the distribution services.

I would share my thoughts and the ideas from others who are in the same situation but you will not listen any way so why bother.

There are newer employer reviews for Delhaize