Delivery Agent

www.deliveryagent.com
  www.deliveryagent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Delivery Agent

Direction always changing, flawed management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the entertainment industry was fun and interesting. Still a young, start-up company.

Cons

High turnover, management was flawed and played favoritism and they were always looking to get ahead, did not support growth, direction was always changing, allowed clients to run them rather than vice versa. Compensation was not competitive.

Stop playing favoritism and appreciate your employees who actually do the work.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for your input, both positive and constructive. We look at our turnover on a quarterly basis and it is in line with industry data. Compensation is performance based and all our ... More

59 Other Employee Reviews for Delivery Agent (View Most Recent)

Ok place to work

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation, great benefits, great work/life balance

Cons

Its a bit too laid back for some peoples taste.

Great work/life balance, no joke!

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank your for the input, both positive and constructive!

Learn, Listen and Reform!

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

Some really amazing and talented folks on the ground floor and in middle management who are actively working to make the most of their situations. Some in the mid-management areas of the company really do care about the well being of their employees and their career paths. I give a lot of credit to the workers here and some of those in mid-management. They are the backbone of Delivery Agent!

The health benefits are actually very decent (and in this day and age that's definitely a plus!) and the downtown SF location is great.

Cons

It's really a cop-out to simply say the company is still a "start up" after 10+ years as the reason why processes and organizational structures aren't fully up and running smoothly, or operating consistently. With the right leadership team in place, that leads by example, and is held accountable for their performance (which they are not), this would simply not be a problem. Case in point:

The current president of DA himself lied to the entire company during an all hands meeting when he was asked point blank via an anonymous question whether we were going to have mass layoffs in January 2013 He told us we were told we would not and the pink slips got handed out two weeks later. As stated by others on this site, he likes to threaten and intimidate; part of the so-called "culture" at DA that is alive and well. Threatening behavior, intimidation and underhanded tactics are not only freely used by upper management, they are actually encouraged widely practiced by the executive team.

After the restructure the CEO was absolutely outraged about the bad reviews on this site and ordered some employees and HR to post positive reviews, even if they were contrived. Is this happening now? If history is any indication, you bet.

The reviews on this site seem to be very polarized in terms of being downright negative or over the top positive with not much that would fall into the middle of the road category. This is not a good sign when a company's reviews come from either two extremes. But it’s an accurate glimpse of the cultural gulf that exists within the company.

For the Board: Learn from previous errors in business practices. Think about the multiple rounds of investor funding the company has received that have been wasted. Why wasn't DA a public company 4 years ago (during which time we went through 4 CFO's and 2 COO's, 3 HR Managers and turnover through the roof)? If the leadership's vision or actions aren't helping the company or the staff, make them accountable and clean out the upper part of the house which is more than overdue.

For Management: Invest in all your employees and establish a codified internal career path program including job sharing between departments as part of that. Promote from within and don't play favorites. You'll be surprised how many people have potential talents that can be tapped as resources in multiple areas of the company if they are properly cross trained. Give your people enough resources, tools and guidance they'll need to succeed and don't set them up to fail.

For HR: Treat those who come to you with their criticisms, concerns or issues as you would like to be treated. Be fair, respectful, receptive and neutral with all personnel issues. Try not to assume every employee with some tough criticism is automatically a bad cultural match for the company or just not a good fit for their role. It's actually to your benefit to be a real advocate for the employees and not just a mouthpiece for the powers that be .

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Delivery Agent. You are correct in that we are not a start-up and shouldn't be referred to as one. In partnership with Glassdoor, HR has ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Delivery Agent