Who are we?

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Great people and good pay.

Cons

Kill or be Killed. No loyalty. Too many reorgs Senior leaderships changes direction/strategy constantly. A lot of the talent left Dell a long time ago, and as a result getting anything accomplished inside the walls of Dell is tough. I am convinced that Congress is a more nimble organization than Dell.

Advice to Management

If you focus on taking care of your employees, we will take care of the customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great for some, little advancement for others

Former Employee - Software Developer in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Dell

Pros

Great holiday vacation schedule getting Christmas to New Years off. In general the people are intelligent and great to work with.

Cons

There are few opportunities to advance from an individual contributor to being a manager, many promises are made but very seldom did I see it actually happen.

Advice to Management

More training for managers on how to manage people. There is very little consistency on managers approach to managing people, while some are good others do not even discuss individual goals or development.

2. Dell is a great place to work with very few negatives and a ton of positives

Current Employee - TSR in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - TSR in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Dell

Pros

The pay is great, the culture and people I work with are outstanding, some of the best personal and professional relationships I've ever had. They do the best job they can do of making sure the pay is more than competitive in order to ensure they have the best people for the job, and keep them. They also genuinely seem concerned about treating people right even when making cutbacks in a recession.

Cons

It is a results-driven and high stress environment, and this can take a toll on your health even if you don't recognize it is happening. Recently a fitness center has been built and health initiatives and rewards have been put in place to offset that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and get this ship steered back to the way it was before K Rollins took over