There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Who are we?

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Great people and good pay.

Cons

Kill or be Killed. No loyalty. Too many reorgs Senior leaderships changes direction/strategy constantly. A lot of the talent left Dell a long time ago, and as a result getting anything accomplished inside the walls of Dell is tough. I am convinced that Congress is a more nimble organization than Dell.

If you focus on taking care of your employees, we will take care of the customers.

reviews filtered by

Great for some, little advancement for others

Former Employee - Software Developer in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Dell

Pros

Great holiday vacation schedule getting Christmas to New Years off. In general the people are intelligent and great to work with.

Cons

There are few opportunities to advance from an individual contributor to being a manager, many promises are made but very seldom did I see it actually happen.

More training for managers on how to manage people. There is very little consistency on managers approach to managing people, while some are good others do not even discuss individual goals or development.

Why not Dell?

Current Employee - Enterprise Support Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Enterprise Support Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Dell

Pros

amount of technical exposure, opportunites to study for exams and have the tests paid for by Dell, very good benefit package, Dell is very involved in the community and encourages employees to be involved. Dell working to be a GREEN company. Dell is never stagnant...like a wind generator, it constantly changing it's heading, to be driving towards

Cons

On the damn phone all the time. Customers tried to correct the issue before calling in usually makes the issue worse than originally was. Technician's are evaluated by customer's feedback from survey. Customers typically do not understand the boundries of their support contract or are mislead by sales. Customers "demand" parts without troubleshooting with Dell Technicians, Some level of troubleshooting should be expected by customers.

Communicate with your team members more efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell