Decent job

Current Employee - Inside Product Specialist in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Inside Product Specialist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Early promotions Work from home options Good people for the most part

Cons

Too many hours Lack of support Too political

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. Going downhill, fast in Dell Healthcare

Current Employee - Account Executive in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Layoffs have made it where managers are responsible for a very large number of reps, meaning oversight is minimal. I can concentrate on my job for the most part and sell, not worry about Mickey mouse busy work form micro mangers.

Cons

Where to start...morale is very low, as we face another round of layoffs after missing our H1 number (and yes, we're on a half system, which minimizes your chances to blow out your number.). I have to fight to get credit on every single order I sell. Reporting is nonexistent and the sales support staff who should handle this kind of thing are long gone. Dell HR exists only as a phone queue, and one based in India at that. We're supposed to have generalists we can meet in person, but I've never seen one. The Perot 'integration' is a sham--we've laid off just about all former Perot employees, and those guys knew there stuff for the most part. Our move to be a services company is a wreck, in my opinion...unreasonable margin floors for deals, inadequate staff, lack of commitment and understanding up and down the line. I've been with dell for quite some time and it is sad to see what it has become.

Advice to Management

If we are truly to be a services company, the current mangement team just ain't cutting it. I know Dell will never pay in line with the industry, but at least you can start paying us for that which we actually sell. instead of stripping to the bone during lean times, why not double down on your commitment to your employees? Do you not have faith in us?

Not a competitive culture, no creativity - no risk taking, decision making requires 50 people

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analytics Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Austin, TX is a wonderful location, low cost of living, huge homes for cheap, easy transportation, good salary.

Cons

Coworkers have low-intellect, not innovative, no sense of competition/market forces, execs not willing to take risks to grow business, complicated MATRIX organization where simple decisions take months & still don't get made. Customer is not first priority. No "common sense".

Advice to Management

Embrace the competitive spirit. Be honest with yourself & take risks. Prioritize from the top & align to the few. There's no heart at Dell, most people are checked out - going through the motions.