There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Flexibility and change is the name of the game

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, lots of hope and enthusiasm -- at Dell, you can make your career as great or as bad as you want. Totally up to you and your attitude. Can be a very flexible and energetic place to work, and things change often so there isn't the problem of falling into a rut.

Cons

The flexibility and energy is very dependent on manager, if you have a bad manager, it is a terrible place to work (but the pro is that change happens quickly, so that will probably change soon). Greatest con is that it is very difficult to see the effect of your work or to feel that you are having an impact or making a real contribution to the huge writhing beast that is Dell.

Advice to Management

Keep working on simplifying processes; some focus on documenting resources and functions would be a big plus for the company.

reviews filtered by

HPC Service Delivery

Current Employee - HPC Services Engineer in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - HPC Services Engineer in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Almost everything about this company is great as an employee. I feel that my contributions are needed and appreciated. Communication with the management team I work with is great. My team members are helpful and great to work with. The pay is great. I love it

Cons

Expense reporting is a little silly with the submitter required to maintain all recipts over 10$

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

The best work experience I have seen since retirerment

Current Employee - Program/Project Management Senior Advisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program/Project Management Senior Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are above average. There is always room to move up. You are encouraged to pursue your education. The 401K is top notch. Flexibility in the working hours to help out with school, parenting and commuting.

Cons

There really aren't any down side to this company. They could offer to pay more in education, but other than that, they are fair across the board.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work,

Dell Response

Jul 16, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for the review. We are very pleased to hear about your experience with the company! Keep up the great work as well!

There are newer employer reviews for Dell