Dell

www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

My Experience was not that bad

Current Employee - Peripherals Brand Manager in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Peripherals Brand Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Met some really nice people and made good contacts. Dell was nt that bad of a place to work. I was there for a long time and learned a lot. I had a good run and hope the best for the company and its employees in the future.

Cons

Its a big company so it does have its fair share of politics and a good old boy network..
Dealing with Ambiguity. There is a lot of ambiguity with every job that I had there and not much leadership.

People don't leave companies, they leave managers.

4153 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

was ready to move on....

Former Employee - Production Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Dell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, always busy, had company provided lunches here and there

Cons

work/life balance, pay could've been better after being there for so many years, they aren't good at recognizing thier people, upper management had thier favorites.

Poor leadership is causing this ship to go down

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Dell full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Location - Austin is a great city to live in
    Salary - Is not too bad versus cost of living (something to do with no state tax I guess)
    Work-life balance - working hours were not taxing

Cons

Low Morale - regular layoffs and bad performance have reduced the employee morale to zilch. No one takes pride in working for Dell
    Bad Management - most of the middle management has survived simply because they've managed to suck up to seniors, without any regard to their performance or accountability
    Leadership - None of the senior leadership have any idea what to do given the current industry dynamics
    Lack of innovation- Dell made its name by selling stuff cheaper, which in effect, was innovation in supply chain. Nothing of that sort happens anymore. They cut most of their Product Group so no innovation there either. And they come up with lousy products which are obsolete even before they hit the market.
    Bad bosses - I had 2 really bad ones, although you do see good managers now and then

There are newer employer reviews for Dell