Rough, political and inefficient

Former Employee - Marketing Senior Analyst in Round Rock, TX
Former Employee - Marketing Senior Analyst in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Dell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Very generous offer and paid to move me and my family from California to Austin Texas. * The people in my group were smart, hard-working, and professional. * Starbucks in the cafe and ATM in the lobby. * Facilities were always clean and tidy. * Security is very polite, professional, and on the ball. * Shipping is very polite, professional, and on the ball.

Cons

* On-boarding procedures are terrible. Sink or swim basically, your on your own. * Very political and unrewarding * Sr. Managers, Directors anyone managing people should all have proper management training. * People Managers are unethical and don't even know their being that way. * Some systems are anarchic and ways of thinking. * Don't even get me started on the bluppers on HR's part. * Difficult to find parking * No coffee in the kitchen, just a microwave and soda vending machine

Advice to Management

Implement a required management training class "2 weeks" in person class to train people managers the Dos and Don't, etc. Fix the on-boarding experience. Every person I spoke with all said it takes 3-6 months just to figure out whats going on. Need some kind of training.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. Company headed in wrong direction

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Dell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with great people.

Cons

The company is being run by individuals with no Dell history and with no experience with the company's customers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. There are years and years of experience on your front line. Use it!

Many perks but very politically managed

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Dell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was very good along with working side by side with some great folks

Cons

Management was very political on the lower levels and looked for ways to get rid of employees they did not like or who would not play by their rules.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to manage the lower levels better.