Dell

www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

I am the reason! And Happy to be so!

Current Employee - Dell XPS Tier II Support in Kanata, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Dell XPS Tier II Support in Kanata, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Happy work environment. The people and the customers actually make it worth driving into work!

Cons

The fact it's closing at the end of July. I would have been able to see myself moving up the ladder in that building

Don't close! LOL. but seriously, listen to your agents strengths

4295 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Working for Dell works for me!!!

Current Employee - Senior Operations Team Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Team Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

At Dell, we often used a term called "Meritocracy"; which simply means if you perform, you reap the rewards. The last five years at Dell have certainly proven this to be true for me! Every ounce of effort put in by me at Dell has been repayed to me in various forms. I have seen it in the form of a high performance rating, which translates into several benefits, including a significant compensation hike and a substantial bonus. I have seen it through timely and regular promotions, and also by being provided with opportunities for lateral movements within the organization to different roles. Over the years, I have been allotted additional responsibilities and my scope of work has steadily increased to encompass more important duties. This has enabled me to make a difference in the work place, hence giving me immense job satisfaction. I have also been appreciated by Dell in the form of the occasional rewards and recognitions, the most memorable of them was being presented with a distinction for excellent performance by the CEO of the company himself.

Cons

Dell's work environment is extremely dynamic, hence making it very exciting and interesting to work in such a Company. One feels motivated and is constantly on their toes dealing with the various challenges thrown at them. However, this has proven to be a downside for Dell as well, where those unable to work in a fast-paced environment become opposed to the changes and thereby make it difficult for updates to productively flow through the Organization.

Though there is recognition and feedback in Dell, the frequency and continuation of these is very poor. A lot of new and refreshing programs are rolled out, but they loose the hype and momentum quickly. This sometimes leaves a feeling of low morale with employees. Feedback is provided on an ongoing basis by Managers to the Entry-level Employees. However, Managers themselves are lacking the regular support and guidance from the Senior Management. Having been a Manager at Dell for 3 years, I have seen action being taken by the Management for my personal development, but this still has a long way to go in terms of its relevance and effectiveness. Managers need more direction from the Senior Management on how to successfully scale up to their levels.

Dell is a great place to have a professional growth and not only a Call Center

Current Employee - Partner Marketing Manager in Panama City (Panama)
    Current Employee - Partner Marketing Manager in Panama City (Panama)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

There is a great career path if you have the talent and desire of growth. I am 25 years old and I have been at Dell for 5 years; I have growth 5 possitions since I started working here, and I am very satiesfied with the support of my manager and the company. Usually I tell my friends that Dell is not only a Call Center but is a complete company with areas of Marketing, Finance and planning where they can seek for high possitions.

Cons

A lot of people see this company as only a Call Center, in this case in my Country (Panama). I think the company is not doing the best effort to show the career path that you can get when you work at Dell. Is not only a Call Center career path as people think, but also other business related functions that are available in other companies such as Microsoft, Nestle, and other multinational corporations.

To change the talent adquisition aproach in Panama, and try to leverage better the brand importance in countries where the product is not well known (Latin American Countries other than the big ones)

There are newer employer reviews for Dell