There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Fast paced, hang on! Good for hard workers.

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Company, Strategic vision, Great coworkers
Pay is good and on par with industry (wish it was higher than industry)

Cons

Good amount of red tape
Acquired companies need to realize they are the acquired ones

Advice to Management

Get rid of the unnecessary red tape and let the sales org sell our value and solutions. Understand solutions take longer to sell than hardware. Compensate according to solutions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Challenging and Rewarding For Recruiters

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Dell full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging and rewarding workload and environment for Talent Acquisition. Lots of opportunity to move sideways or upwards if you seek out the options. Company is transforming from the PC-laptop-server legacy company to an end-to-end IT solutions company. Pay is above average, and during summer season May - Sep you can take off at 2pm on Fridays if no urgent work matters. Company encourages work-life balance and working remotely. I was pleasantly surprised to find out Dell cares about its employees much more than many huge Fortune 1000 tech companies.

Cons

Since the announcement to go private/leveraged buyout with private equity, a lot of talented folks have departed and the uncertainty until a deal closes, is unsettling to say the least. Too much bureaucracy and compliance checking, "create a spreadsheet for this or that" instead of core focus in job at hand. Also, Dell got left behind in the smartphone/mobile race - back at the starting line.

Advice to Management

Instead of just saying "business as usual" during the go-private phase, provide some unique alternatives so that employees are reassured of the process. Invest more in R&D and get ahead of the technology curve. Cut some of the "fluff" programs.

Management bases reviews and work assignments on personal bias

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and flexible hours. There was a time when I was happy to work 60 hours a week, but now that my job has deteriorated i enjoy being able to take time off as I like.

Cons

The past 3 years has been all downhill. Management would rather force me to leave than work with me and help me grow my skills. It's not really a matter of skill, it's just a matter of being in the in group or not.

Advice to Management

Try to work with employees rather than trying to drive them away.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell