Dell

There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Sr Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good company to work if you are looking into current data center technologies.

Cons

Not much employee benefits as compared to other companies.

Management can be improved in lot of ways.

3861 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Opportunity abounds!

Current Employee - Global Program Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Global Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity and autonomy if you prove yourself. Ability to learn from other really fantastic people. A great place to grow your career. Huge focus on work/life balance including specifically connected workplace over the past 3-4 years which has improved the company culture tremendously. Many strong leaders and executive team communicates a lot more than in the past. Very open and transparent (no offices - even execs!) Very open door type culture.

Cons

Poor leaders are not managed out quickly enough. A lot of change so some thrive in this environment (I personally do) while others feel lost and helpless and can't keep up. Demanding workloads however, the flexible work focus allows people to get work done when they can and in the manner they can. Some people fail in this kind of environment and need direction.

Keep doing what you have been doing the past 18-24 months. Don't lose sight of our transformation and keep your head in the game. Your team members trust you and faith in you!

Great Compensation, Empowered Employees, Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Dell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Internship program and full-time compensation for engineer out of college was highly competitive. Felt there was a great amount of growth opportunity and latitude to do the right things

Cons

Working in the manufacturing end of the business proved to be short term. Dell outsourced about 18 months into full-time position, however they did take care of all of us by ensuring we had equal pay jobs available in the company that won the outsource contract

Don't get too caught up in the metrics running the business. Might miss the big picture and biggest impacts.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell