Dell

www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

It has it's ups and downs...

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

As a whole....i'm not sure there is. Departmental wise is good, if you work in an area that takes care of you. Thankfully i am there and am able to do my work without being micromanaged. I can take time off as I need to and I actually enjoy coming to work each day

Cons

Politics, just as with any company, dictate too many business decisions. Whereas 5-10 yrs ago you could provide an idea and it would be run with. Now it seems almost as if your idea is immediately shot down and you are told 'that's now what we want to do with the company' - tools to do our job are lacking. Tools are developed that tend to benefit one department over another...while I/T is beginning to grasp these tools and standarize acrosst the company, there are still many tools that prevent us from being able to do our job correctly and fully being able to provide the positive customer experience that we yearn for. The layoff cloud still hangs around and you never know if the next day is your last day.

Listen more to your customers....Apple and HP seem to be offering what customers want where as our products almost seem mediocre to what they offer. Our product is good, but it can be better. In addition, make sure you KEEP the talent that built this company instead of getting rid of your best people under the guise of reducing costs. This will hurt you in the long run

4183 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Good Atmosphere

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Great community atmosphere with a transparent management structure. For some people, the demands are too high and are nearly unable to be met. These people do not belong at Dell. I know, demands of employees? Who would have thought?

The benefits are pretty good (Heath & Life insurance are always good things to have). It's near where I live with a very easy commute.

Additionally, the benefits that other companies offer Dell employees are quite substantial.

Cons

They demand stuff of their employees. The employees are required to work when they're on the clock and are unable to just lolli gag.

Good job.

The sleeper has awakened.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Great people, great products, outlook for the future is incredible. New notebooks, services, and growth regions all present huge opportuntity for us to take back the #1 spot once and for all.

Cons

Dell is slowly emerging from a 'sleeper' period..and grow and change is painful but exciting.
    Morale has been affected but it's starting to come around. The downside is simply that it's taking too long.

More and better promotion and advertisement. We can't grow the Consumer business with just the best products alone..we have to have better advertising. More new tools and technologies inside Dell. Focus M & A activity on making Dell cool again...expand Alienware.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell