There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Dell Services Federal Government is a pretty decent place to work.

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very fair compensation and salary, and some truly GREAT people as far as their managers - some of the best in the DC area, bar none. They treat you like an adult: get the work done, do your timesheet, call it a day. Cannot say enough about my manager, who was THE BEST while I worked for him - would work for him again in a heartbeat.

Cons

HR department and greater Dell seemed really disconnected as to what Dell Federal did (used to be Perot Systems), which is to support government contracts with subject matter epxerts in their fields.

Advice to Management

Dell SFG could truly be a gold mine if you let your managers RUN it, vice having HR step in every two seconds to see if they were doing things like BIG Dell does (which you weren't even allowed to talk to, bc of security concerns). Spin it off or let the managers do their jobs - they are some truly great people.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. A great place to grow personally and professionally

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and culture really make this place what it is. Additionally the strategic initiatives of our ELT are communicated effectively and everyone is on board with the direction of our leadership.

Cons

No real downside, very fast paced and changing environment. Adaptability is a must in this climate.

Advice to Management

Keep providing solid leadership. Michael and his team have done a fantastic job at positioning our company for success moving forward.

Dell has been good to me and my family

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salaries, allowed to work remote, Michael and leadership are making the right decisions to win long term. As big companies go, Dell is probably about the norm. There is a lot of work to be done.

Cons

Layoffs always seem to be looming, remote status is allowed but it will bite you if you trying to move to a new role. There's a LOT of stuff going on...acquisitions, new directions, etc.

Advice to Management

6 managers in 24 months? We can't get projects done due to people moving around. There is no continuity with leaders and staff.