Dell

Great place to work

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Dell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Compensation, working from home when needed is not a problem

Cons

Uncertainty about future direction during the current transition phase after becoming a private company.

You have a great team of employees, utilize their skills to enter into new product areas.

Other Reviews for Dell

My experience very rewarding and helped me start my career.

I worked at Dell

Pros

Excellent training program for recent grads.

Cons

High daily call numbers are hard to deal with.

Help reps work their individual deals.

Your experience for the most part is defined by your own determination.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, wonderful people, fun environment, positive and fair managing supervisors, solid benefits. I found that anything I wanted to do as far as advancement in the company was not terribly hard and really just took some confidence and standing up for yourself. Almost everyone in my 2 departments were in their 20s (like myself), everyone for the most part was really great friends. A very fun atmosphere. For advancement, all you really have to do is run your own little mini-presidential campaign about you.

Cons

Upper management was harsh and greedy. Sometimes seem out of touch with employees and customers.

Often basic tools don't function normally while upper management doesn't seem too rushed to do anything about it, meanwhile rumors circulate that IT people in charge of fixing such problems had been term'd or laid off -- frustrating (if true). Failure of tools often led to a bad customer experience too.

Receiving debit cards as pay for contests or spiffs was insulting. Probably just some "CC fees" deal that Dell agreed to with CC companies. You can't even use them everywhere.

On the contrary to standing up for yourself for advancement, sometimes you have to just to survive. If they try to cut numbers in people form, they will not hesitate to change the unwritten, unspoken, unsure rules of PIPs and sometimes try to "steam role" you, at which point you have to stand up, get creative, and throw it back in their face a little bit.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!