Dell

www.dell.com
  www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Don't really have a clue what they are doing

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

my colleagues every day at work keeps me going. We are quite well paid for the job we do.

Cons

i find management don't have a clue they focus to much on bpi methodology and implement things which just ruin everything. Everything is stats based and the only time you hear from management is when something goes wrong.

The perks that were available are now being removed and to be honest i dont think the centre will be open very long.

listen

3764 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

A good place to learn - if you are capable of being self taught.

Current Employee - Marketing Senior Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Senior Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Loads of autonomy and opportunity to own the set of responsibilities a specific role has. It’s a good place to learn and grow as long as your goal is to learn and grow and not to boot strap your way to some jive-assed job grade change by stepping on the necks of others.

Cons

The downsides revolve around a healthy dose of senior and executive level managers that are half involved in actual business issues. It’s very typical for leaders in the organization to devote the bulk of their time to their own career management and coordinating, not for actual business results, but rather to position material for the next ppt review. This issue often leads to hazy business goals, bailing on business vision and frequent organization restructuring – all of which leads to creating a vortex of crushed morals and ambiguity on purpose of walking into the doors each morning.

Let people become experts in their verticle. Dell experience does not trump competency.

Good place, but could be a lot better

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Challenging environment, opportuniites to learn, good benefit package, good salary comparing to the local market (Porto Alegre-Brasil). Has a good HR system, and hire good people. As a manager I have access to high-performance people to help me deliver my job

Cons

One re-org every 20 minutes, there`s never enough time to perform a good work. Sometimes I get the feeling that we are walking in circles, moving back to old practices we've abandoned, and back again to new ones.
    Also, as a company Dell is not working towards the direction of becoming a computing company, still focusing in being a computer company.

Stop re-orging and start delivering

There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!