There are newer employer reviews for Dell

One of the most disfunctional places I have ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encourage telecommuting
Provide you with latest dell hardware

Cons

Feels like the 70's
Feels like women are not as valued as men
I had to ask my manager permission to talk directly to his manager
Their Texas culture is huge clash with Bay Area culture - they don't value our passion and urgency, and instead are worried about putting together PowerPoint presentations for everything ( they use them as reference documents) and using dirty data to produce unmeaningful measurements. People were excited and glad to get laid off.

Advice to Management

The dell software group is a joke- so much to do and not enough people or money. Nobody understands any of the QBR reporting because how can you compare companies that all sell different products, like hardware, software, services, etc. There is a lot of duplication of work, and no consistent messaging about how the company is doing.
Almost everyone left 6 months after the company reorganized all of the acquisitions into one business unit. It was like trying to herd cats, and no one knew what was going on. And certainly no one respected the "CMO" of DSG- she was so out of her league and all she did was suck up to sales. My advice to management is: train your managers so they know what they are doing, and respect peoples differences and genders. This is the only company, in the Bay Area , that I have ever worked for where I felt like being a woman put me lower on the totem pole.

0 reviews filtered by