Dell

www.dell.com
  www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Good working place, gives opportunity to get more innovative.

Current Employee - Software Development Analyst  in  Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Software Development Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Dell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best in work-life balance,
Gives opportunity to learn new technologies,

Cons

Compensation is low compared to competitors

3698 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Data oriented and result driven company culture.

Current Employee - BPI Advisor  in  Dalian, Liaoning (China)
    Current Employee - BPI Advisor in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

I have been working at Dell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers care about team memembers' career development. There're a lot of occasions for team memembers and cross function teams to exchange ideas.

Cons

The company is very much result driven and data oriented, it a good thing but sometimes this limited the innovation and out-of-box thinking when going too far.

A more comprehensive and structured way to perform performance reivew and evaluate team memebers.

Run while you can. Most toxic work environment going and dead end for your career.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at Dell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can not see any pros to coming to Dell or the company. If you like performance appraisal, poor management and answering to rude management then perhaps take a look at Dell.

The only pro is, if you get a good Sales seat, you take home very big pay. Perhaps if you are good at politics this would suit your style.

The name DELL looks impressive on a CV

Cons

Where to start? Is it the thousands of people getting fired globally? Is it the absolute lack of respect for dignity and the human process? Is it the hierarchical politics that serves one or two people?

Dell has slipped up and hired a handful of managers who solely car about their own paycheck. They will manage you out if you are not liked and blame you for failure even if you are good at your job. The lack of empathy and emotional intelligence in Cork is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

To compress these issues, the targets are ridiculous and HR are simply a tool to make sure you can get kicked out without any chance of a legal ramification (of which are rampant in Dell europe) just google it and I am sure you wont have to look too far.

I would honestly like to warn anyone of going to this company if you have any real ambition and want to make a difference or an impact. You will not be heard and you will become toxic and bitter employee who wants to write the above.

LISTEN, exercise empathy, perhaps pick up a textbook that uses other measurement outside of metrics and numbers and help your staff become a part of the decision making process. Stop firing everybody and replacing them with incompetent people that lack core skills in the field of communication.

Communicate the fact that people are being let go so that it is not a fantastic surprise the next day to see half your team are gone.

Communicate two ways. This is the 21st century, act like it.

Dell Response

May 20, 2014Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, which we will communicate back to our leadership team. We value all of the feedback we receive, and use it as we strive to continuously improve ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!