Come work at Dell!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo Grove, IL
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Great place to work and to further your career. Dell is a Fortune 500 company, and just having the Dell name on your resume can go a long way.

Cons

I think that sometimes the process of having a person moved into a better position takes a little longer than it should. Lenght of time a person has been in a particular role seems to be an advantage when trying to move upward.

Advice to Management

Promotions should be based on job performance as opposed to lengh of employment.

Dell Response

Mar 9, 2015Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Great review - thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

reviews filtered by
  1. Things are "hopefully" getting better

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Austin is one of the coolst towns in America. Dell looks good on a resume. thats about it.

Cons

Its a bloodbath where numbers drive everything and incompetence rules. the problem is that Dell has a tendency to move people around departments withour regard for their skill set. For instance a engineer can frequently end up in marketing or a product person frequently end up in merchandising. there are all specialist areas and unfortunatly, Dell offers little training so these people come into jobs with no expertise (aside from their tenure at Dell) and generally set up for failure. That kinda sucks for them obviously as well as for their underlings who have no solid mentorship.

Advice to Management

Hire specialist people dont move people into jobs they know nothing about. For instance, half the marketing team are ex-engineers who had no clue about marketing.

2. Not sure if this is the place for me, never know what's expected

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Maple Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Maple Valley, WA

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Compensation is very fair. Benefits are terrific. At times, I am proud to work for Dell.

Cons

In my particular position, our leadership team is very poor. Seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Always being guided in different directions, with no standardization. can be told one thing one day, and something completely different the next day. Very confusing to know what's expected.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employee's and "worker bee's". We are the one's that deal with our customer's on a daily basis. Quit providing direction of what you want, instead listen to input from employee's.