Dell
3.3 of 5 3,108 reviews
www.dell.com Round Rock, TX 5000+ Employees

Great place to work!

Senior Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee)
Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Dell

ProsEven as a contractor, there is so much scope for contributing to functional areas beyond your own core expertise. Managers encourage innovation, empower and trust (where deserved). They're also open to alternative ways of working, which in my case resulted in living 200 miles away from the office and as long as put the hours in and got the job done, could plan my day around current surf conditions!

ConsAs with all corporations, there are challenges associated with process and due course, and was getting worse when I left. Also, there was too much emphasis in "we're one big family" - or maybe the ethos surrounding this, born in the US, didn't travel to the UK very well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDell still has a lot of dead weight at all levels; management stuck in the past and old school tie mentalities. A few more redundancy and streamlining cycles should go a long way to sorting that out.

Also, the good managers still subscribed to the traditional hierarchical approach. You may be managers, but really you're just another person doing a different type of job than your team members. Show respect, get respect. And that applies to everyone.

Dell review

Systems Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dell

Pros: Global leader where experience can be aquired Multdisciplinary teams with vast… Cons: prolonged carreer growth restricted holiday allowance limited direct involvement with client or… Advice to Senior Management: Its a good environment and managers seems to have an interest in… More

If you're a good employee, you'll like it!

I have been working at Dell

Pros: Very accomodating, good wages for management Cons: There are very few promotional opportunities Advice to Senior Management: Get in the trenches and experience what your employees do so that you know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dell.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dell CEO Michael S. Dell. All reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees.