Dell

www.dell.com

Competetive pay and flexible work life balance.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsThere is competetive pay for the type of job. You have flexible hours and ability to do your job from anywhere. This company is headed in the right direction and making a comeback. You will be challenged, which is a good thing in a job instead of being bored.

ConsInconsistent statements of direction. Too worried about metrics for metrics sake. Management is clueless at times and cuts costs in the wrong places, just because they were directed to from upper management. They will also hire in areas that need no people, and neglect other areas of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDive into what the metrics mean, not just that we need to increase or lower a measurement. Why are the meaurements this way ? Is there something outside what you are measuring that is driving the measurements ?

Great perks, but long hours earn them.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros: There are many perks with working with Dell. For example, sometimes when there's a lot of overtime, people who actually complete all the required hours… Cons: OVERTIME, OVERTIME, OVERTIME! People with families don't get to spend much time with them. You can't really plan out your weekends because sometimes they give… Advice to Senior Management: Communication is a must. Surprises are not appreciated when it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to get experience in multiple areas.

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros: I have been able to move to many groups and gain opportunities I might not have elsewhere. My managers have always… Cons: Not the highest paying company. Because management changes so frequently, and we move from one guardrail to the other, it can be hard on employees. It… Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course. We jump around so much we don't give anything a chance to actually work before we change it. Listen to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dell.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!