Dell

www.dell.com
  www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Competetive pay and flexible work life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

There is competetive pay for the type of job. You have flexible hours and ability to do your job from anywhere. This company is headed in the right direction and making a comeback. You will be challenged, which is a good thing in a job instead of being bored.

Cons

Inconsistent statements of direction. Too worried about metrics for metrics sake. Management is clueless at times and cuts costs in the wrong places, just because they were directed to from upper management. They will also hire in areas that need no people, and neglect other areas of the company.

Dive into what the metrics mean, not just that we need to increase or lower a measurement. Why are the meaurements this way ? Is there something outside what you are measuring that is driving the measurements ?

4033 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Good place to get experience in multiple areas.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

I have been able to move to many groups and gain opportunities I might not have elsewhere.
    My managers have always rewarded me for the work I do. I work very hard and long hours, but at least they notice.

Cons

Not the highest paying company.
    Because management changes so frequently, and we move from one guardrail to the other, it can be hard on employees.
    It is all about who you work for. You have to choose your manager as much as your job, because so little is decided at a company level.

Stay the course. We jump around so much we don't give anything a chance to actually work before we change it.
    Listen to your people. There are a lot of smart people working for you. Give them a chance to have their ideas heard.

Great perks, but long hours earn them.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell

Pros

There are many perks with working with Dell. For example, sometimes when there's a lot of overtime, people who actually complete all the required hours get gift cards to WalMart. Every 3 months we get a free catered lunch and an additional free meal. We receive discounts at various places around Austin. Every year there's a free trip (up to 4 tix) to a theme park. When you do good work, you get opportunities to cash in "Star of Dell" cards. Outstanding employees get chances to win electronics and/or gift cards. There's free raffles almost every other month to win things.

Cons

OVERTIME, OVERTIME, OVERTIME! People with families don't get to spend much time with them. You can't really plan out your weekends because sometimes they give us notices during Friday's shift about coming in on Saturdays and Sundays. You must be flexible with your schedule to work here. But I must say, doubletime paychecks are pretty nice. =)

Communication is a must. Surprises are not appreciated when it comes to our schedules.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell