www.dell.com
  www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Not much scope for Growth after a point if you want to stick to Technical stream (as opposed to managerial).

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Has an open work culture and reasonable flexibility in working schedules. HR responsiveness is better than most other competitors in the domain.

Cons

Salary not very competitive especially when comapring Dell Services (the offshore component - formerly Perot Systems) to the Dell US. Limited growth prospects offshore if one wants to stick to the technical track.

Handling Client engagements when promoting software services and solutions is not the same as that when selling hardware. Often, a lot of up-front effort is needed before a prospect materializes. Recognize this fact and incorporate the feedback provided by people who have been doing this handling in the past into all engagement strategies.

4028 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

The company itself, being a Dell employee gives you a certain degree of being proud to work for a well recognized Fortune 500 organization.

Cons

Certain salary scales and benefits are not competitive in my current geographical location. Some outsourcing company employees are getting better salaries and benefits than us.

Please check out financial related companies like Thomson Reuters and JP Morgan located in the Philippines, they are offering better compensation and benefits that is why we are loosing our best employees.

Unstructured opportunity

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Dell is a very unstructured company, which means that there is a lot of opportunity for someone who can lead himself. Management is often vague, so you can forge your own path.

Cons

That same unstructured nature is potentially problematic, as you may not know how to do the task, how it is expected to be done, and how you will be measured.

Clearly communicate the process and expectations to your people, as they want to succeed and will do so with a bit of direction from you.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell