Dell

www.dell.com

Dell Rocks

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

Dell is a great place to work if you like dynamic, fast paced culture. If you are a stick in the mud this is not the place for you.

Cons

Sometimes we move so fast and furious we may get tunnel vision and not be think as long term as we need to.

Continue to retain top talent; continue to foster innovation.

Other reviews for Dell

unless you are a VP, Dell is your stepping stone

Current Employee - Ex Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Ex Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Able to live in Austin
    Resume recognition
    Paycheck doesn't bounce

Cons

Politics for advancement...unless you are a favorite you will not be promoted
    Burnout
    More work less pay mentality
    Management hides the truth

Does it matter... mgmt does not listen

Consumer Business Suffered from Poor Leadership

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Round Rock, TX

Pros

Good work-life balance depending on which function you're in.
    Interal job transfers are relative easy. Hiring managers are open-minded as to giving high-performing employees opportunities to try new jobs in which they don't necessarily have no prior experience (could be a bad thing if these positions are senior management positions).

Cons

Massive lack of leadership in the Consumer business in the past 3 years. Frequent transitions of senior executives who brought nothing but instability and short-term thinking to the broader organization. As a result, business results suffered and employee morale is at its all-time low.

Overall competency of marketing staff is just not as good as used to be. Good people have been leaving left and right. The middle management is in constant fear of losing their positions due to the reorgs. The culture of meritocracy and developing champoins that Dell prided itself on a few years ago is unfortunately no longer with us.

The Dell consumer business is in great need of a leader who understands the consumer business. No more fly-by night celebrity executives who come and go with golden parachutes. We need a leader who not only has vision for what we want to be but also has the execution know-how to lead a very complex global organization to succeed. We have a long way to go in both counts.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!