Dell

Customer Centric Company

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Dell

Pros

At Dell, the customer is always right - even when they are wrong! Management and team members are focused on making the customer experience the best it can be. Very hard driving and success-oriented but a positive environment. For those who seek it, a great opportunity to experience different parts of the buisness, and with acquisitions and growth, new opportunities abound. In my career, I've had 5 different roles and always had management support when I'm ready to try something new. Work/Life balance is good - I am able to work around important personal committments with no hassle - so long as the job is being done well. Since everyone works remotely, we all trust one another to do the job we're given and do it well. The relationship that Dell has with its customers as a manufacturer is unique and provides great hands on access to our customer's businesses - better than doing a business school case study!

Cons

The remote environment can sometimes feel isolating - you miss the "water cooler" banter and camraderie that comes with it. Also, if you are not a self promoter, it's easy to get lost in the pack. Also finding mid level management roles in territory can be difficult since the organization is so flat - not many of those roles come up for grabs and many internal folks compete for them. Finally, being undervalued by the market is difficult on your stock portfolio!

Provide solution centers and employee programs in region to help employees learn and connect with one another more effectively. Advertise internal positions more widely so that employees can be exposed to oportunities outside of their group. Consider more "remote" positions for roles you would typically fill out of Round Rock.