Dell

www.dell.com
  www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

Dell to soon overtake HP at the number 1 IT vendor

Current Employee - Sales Director in Johannesburg (South Africa)
Current Employee - Sales Director in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

great financial rewards, monthly management communication sessions, every Monday there is a sales hudle.
sense of empowermwnt, targets are clear and so is the marketing funds,
great career prospects, dell uses rotational methods & encourage promoting from within

Cons

short term driven - quarterly accountability
work life balance

Listen more to varying voicews of the employees

3881 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Please make Dell UK a great place to work again

Current Employee - Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Dell

Pros

Benefits are good for example pension, medical insurance, gym. There are also alot of good people within the organisation especially amongst my peers. As a growing business in emerging markets there is good prospects for working in another country - if that interests you !. Bringing out new products and solutions keeps the work interesting and stimulating.

Cons

The ever changing systems that we have to use. It seems every week a new system and procedure comes into place, this creates frustration as it makes a difficult job more complex. Also the the pay plan, working in sales is currently making it harder to earn the extra cash.

by rewarding over achievement in sales plans this would encourage the teams to put more effort into their everyday job, thus increasing sales & profits. I think alot of the work hard, pay hard ethic has also evapourated from the businsss. I still feel Dell is a good Company to work for, however i used to think that Dell was a 'Great' company to work for.

Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk when it comes to work/life balance

I worked at Dell

Pros

A very technologically advanced company to work for with many leading edge tools available.
    You have the ability to relocate and travel globally, if your position allows for it.
    Good employee discounts.
    Good & competitive benefit package.
    Once a year has a charitable donation matching program.

Cons

Work/life balance is oft talked about but rarely realized. Management will take all that you can give and then some. The unsaid expectation at the non-management but senior level is that you will be working 60-70+ hours per week although it's not in your contract and never stated, it's just expected. You will never get that time back nor will you be compensated for it.

Be better examples to staff by exemplifying, "I am the reason" (the Dell mantra). Understand that employees have a life outside of work & their career.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell