Dell

www.dell.com

the was just a great experience working for dell

Former Employee - Analyst Developer  in  City of London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Analyst Developer in City of London, England (UK)

Pros

fair employer equal opportunity and good promotions for best workers. You have lots of opportunity to travel and they encourage to take up trainings

Cons

some times we have to do the routine work that we have been doing for months. you are never free and are loaded

i am not in such high position to give out advice for dell. I still have to gain lots of experience before i reach so

Other reviews for Dell

Friendly environment, good pay, bad management.

Pros

Overall I think the company does value its employees and treat them with respect. I can't say that it has ever been unpleasant to work here. I have met many good people and new friends.

I am also satisfied with my compensation and benefits.

Cons

Dell is in the middle of a fundamental and painful transformation which I am not confident that management can pull off. The message is that we are moving towards a solutions provider rather than cheap box pusher, but the sales people are not compensated for that model.

Many people in services are all talk with not much to back it up. Unfortunately management doesn't seem to know the difference and are impressed with the big talkers.

There is a ridiculous amount of redundancy amongst the organizations. Groups end up competing with each other internally.

I often feel like the company is over reaching rather than building on it's current strengths.

In spite of its reputation for being frugal, Dell throws away huge sums of money on half baked initiatives and redundancy.

It's baffling how a company of this size can have such poor revenue tracking.

Restructure to eliminate redundancy and reduce the size of management. Concentrate on internal tracking. Evaluate people on results (revenue and margin) rather than ass kissing.

The company is managed from the top down. Managers do not solicit (and even ignore) input from their direct reports. This causes problems to go unsolved until the entire program fails.

If you want to be known as an innovator, then you need to innovate. Dell is still a "me too" product wise.

Don't try to do everything at once. Focus on a few focused initiatives, and do them really well.

Good learning experience, but others are largely unconcerned with your work or even theirs.

Pros

Feedback was beneficial, as there was often constructive criticism. If you are exposed to the right people, they will help you, but they will not go out of their way to do so.

Cons

Pay does not make up for the amount of work and effort you contribute, that often goes unnoticed. Senior management would often critique my work while texting.

Pay more attention to the potential in front of you-- it seems as if no one really cares what happens at Dell, as long as they keep doing mediocre work and are paid for it.

There are newer employer reviews for Dell.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!