Deloitte LLP
3.5 of 5 5,622 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Deloitte is a wonderful company full of great people

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are wonderful and extremely supportive!
So many opportunities for training and learning
Very flexible (as long as you don't have a difficult client/project) with work-life balance

ConsDeloitte will make you believe you can switch between different teams / service lines / even projects easily and "own your own career" This isn't impossible but its EXTREMELY hard and not very well supported. Its difficult for new hires straight out of undergrad who end up pidgeon-holed in a group that doesn't work out for them.
Everything depends on the projects and clients you get. This takes a bit of luck when you're new and first starting out. You can have an challenging role with an amazing client or you could end up spending 4 years on a dead end role that's impossible to leave.
Review process timing is frustrating. The process itself isn't bad, however the timing is way too drawn out. You submit your first self-reviews in March and its not until September that you actually receive any bonuses or raises associated with your review.
Pay struture has recently been reorganized to be more heavily weighted toward bonus vs. salary.
Ratings for projects have to be curved. This is completely ridiculous. You can excel in an extremely challenging role at a highly demanding client, and get a worse review than your peer in a fluff role at an easy client simply because your project has 2 people at your level (1 gets the high rating, 1 gets the low) and your peer at the other project might be the only person at that level out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBiggest Recommendation: restructure review process so that if you get promoted you actually start getting compensated for that promotion around the same time you start working at that level.

Understanding goes a long way

Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Based on my relationships and higher ups while working here, I have been provided flexibility with my schedule in my specific situation.… Cons: Overall, because the admin assistants are at the bottom of the totem pole, we do not get the perks we see others get. This includes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Neutral

Consultant (Current Employee)
Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Deloitte LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pros: Growth opportunities, high caliber firm, cache Cons: Cons: require a lot of extracurricular activities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Deloitte LLP.

Worked for Deloitte LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte LLP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte LLP CEO Joe Echevarria. All reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte LLP employees.