Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great work culture, good salary

Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

1. Work culture
2. People
3. Salary and benefits

Cons

1. Too large - feeling of getting lost at times -- difficult to rise above the rest
2. Knowing a partners (or a few) is a shortcut to rising up ---> you need to be a good marketeer of yourself, as well as good at work to succeed.

Recognize your star performers primarily by their work, not by their networking skills

6791 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

You have to give up you entire life for your career

Former Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

- Ability and resources available to learn new skills
    - Experience learned

Cons

- Even though you might make a slightly higher pay, it isn't worth it when you realize how many hours you have to put in compared to your compensation(no benefits for overtime)
    - You have to give up your life entirely, definitely not for people who are family oriented
    - Bureaucratic and office politics/biases play a role in your success
    - Expected to give up everything for Deloitte(cancel planned vacations, work late nights, work countless weekends, etc...)
    - Deloitte will not take employees into consideration when scheduling hours, they only care about getting it done for the clients(which means long nights, and multiple weekends of work for you)
    - Little bonus or incentives given
    - Working so many hours prevents you from having a real social life(Deloitte will try to convince you that working at Deloitte IS your social life)
    - So many requirements/goals to fulfill that you won't have time to do it at all.

Overall, I would recommend everyone to stay away from Deloitte, they do not give value to their employees, especially those first starting out. There is no consideration or respect for their personal time.

Need to fix how you treat employees asap. More and more people are leaving Deloitte because the work environment is cut-throat and hostile. It is not an environment which is fostering a love for the job. I see a sharp decline in Deloitte's success in the coming future if they continue to overwork their employees.

They smile in your face...all the time, wanna take your place...the backstabbers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

- Great technology; during initial hiring of employees, they really have their stuff together; but that quickly goes away

- No expense spared in the remodel of the Dallas offices. Nice looking joint. Too bad the people don't match it.

Cons

If you thrive in a back-stabbing, gossipy, gee-I-must-be-back-in-junior-high culture, then this is the place for you. Your coworkers will pretend to like you and support you, but? Not so much when push comes to shove.

It was one of those things where my peers would always be saying nasty things about whoever wasn't in the room at the time...so I can only guess what happened when I left the room.

People, grow up. Seriously. You're insecure idiots.

My immediate manager had no people skills, whatsoever. Painful to be managed by someone so incompetent. I think the first clue should have been that I wasn't given a team interview; perhaps the first time that's ever happened with me. Maybe I should have read the signs and stayed far, far away.

This has been pointed out in other reviews; they'll lay off people and departments at the drop of a hat. No long-term planning by the company. You're just a cog in the machine, and cogs are disposable.

I would if I thought someone was listening. Unfortunately, their heads are stuffed too far up the backsides of their bosses for them to hear or see anything going on. Enjoy the view, guys.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte