There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Collegial but somewhat conservative environment; interesting work for the most part

Current Employee - Consultant - Strategy & Operations in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant - Strategy & Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

For a first job out of college, few other professions can offer work as interesting and exposure as broad as management consulting. The Deloitte brand name is recognizable and nice to add to the resume (see downsides for the "but"). There are substantial travel perks associated with the job if you take advantage of it. I've had the privilege of working with smart, responsible, engaging, and fun colleagues 90% of the time.

Cons

Deloitte brand in Strategy Consulting does not compare to its better-known competition although some services are catching up or already competing at the top level. Chances are, the more junior people at the staff level have little control on the types of engagements they get staffed on. Perhaps consistent with the rest of the corporate world, the culture can be a little conservative and conformative: people while collegial tend to be a little stiff and dull until you get to know them better while working in smaller teams, college hires come from a handful of large schools resulting in a homogenous population

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunities for employees in consulting to broaden their experiences especially to work in other international offices. Continue to build the brand name. Improve compensation and benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. Deloitte is an overall good place to work and great place to start a career.

Current Employee - Tax Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

I chose a career at Deloitte because of the recognition and reputation you get from working at a "Big 4" firm . After working there for a little more than a year I can honestly say that I am happy with my choice. If you get your work done, show quality of effort and perform well there is ample opportunity to grow within the firm. The main thing is meeting the expectations that are set for you and exceeding them if you are capable. The benefits packages and the health subsidy offered are also great.

Cons

The only down side is the busy season when the hours become insane. I work in tax so we have 2 busy seasons that each consist of about 6 to 8 weeks. For the October tax season, the worst ever week was 105 hours. There were 2 weeks like that and the rest of the October busy season, which lasts a total of 2 months, was an average of 75 -80 hours weekly. The April busy season was not as bad as October, my weekly average was about 70-75 hours, and I didn't have to endure any 100+ hour weeks.

Advice to Management

I am very pleased with the Senior Management in my group because they all are very caring and smart people who take a genuine interest in the people who work with them and ask them for their guidance.

2. Overall satisfied, gets too political at times.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

flexible work enviornment, talented workforce and projects

Cons

too political, bad behavior by senior management not jus tolerate but rewarded at times.

Advice to Management

focus on employee retenion by not allowing bad behavior by key players to continue as it erodes morale of the group