There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Challenges, great people, felxibility, good opportunities, diversity

Cons

long work hours, less pay

Advice to Management

increase pay

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

Show me the Money! $

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

Deloitte is a well oiled machine. Consulting as a career is competitive and you can be as successful as you want (or can competitvely be) here at Deloitte. If you are a mid to low level employee, you will be he for the same reason I am. 1) Get paid. No overtime, average bonus, and you are locked in if you take any $ for tuition/signing bonus. 2) The name - yea, you are on this site becuase you've heard of them. You next employer probably has too. Nothing wrong with a good name on your resume. 3) Get exposure to client work-on site EVERY day. Its hard to build a "network" while you are on client site all the time. This equates to after hour events (happy hours, proposals, etc). Be prepared to work you ass off to be happy and noticed or sit on your azz and watch your career spiral to an "average" hault.

Cons

Long hours, hard to advance the higher you go, mediocre assessment process (at best), and good luck moving around within the company :) Take the money and run.

Advice to Management

Have more rotational programs available for current employees.

2. I grew a lot, but overall, I hated the bad pay and politics.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in San Jose, CA

Pros

-I think that Deloitte and Touche offers you with an ability to grow and develop at an incredible pace. The Company does have many sectors, so if you are a high performer you can switch from audit to M&A or something like that. - Nice vacation if you can take it.

Cons

-The company does give you an opportunity to develop quickly, but only does so because you work at about twice the number of hours compared to other careers. - Every office is different and you have to be lucky to get on good engagements. I may have been a little biased because I was unlucky.

Advice to Management

I think that management should provide more rewards when people go above and beyond the call of duty. Increase number of team parties and make people feel they are worth more. You currently treat employees like they should feel guilty if they don't cancel their vacations or leave work at a normal time (before 7pm).