Good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

This is a good place to work.
Good learning opportunities, Chance to grow more and has retirement benefits that other companies dont have

Cons

You have to market your self to go up the ladder. You have to do a lot of firm contributions

Advice to Management

Over all very good. Sometimes people who dont work can come to the top because they can talk . more attention should be given to people who work/creative

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fantastic resume builder, but comes at a high price

Former Employee - ERS Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - ERS Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

-Health, dental, vision benefits were good
    -There is a big focus on continuing education, job skills training, and learning that was really cool
    -Two words: Brand Name. Having this on your resume gets you in "the club" once you leave Deloitte. I was shocked at the weight that having that on my resume carried. It's totally overrated in my opinion, but man will this open doors for you.

Cons

I hated almost every minute of this job once I started full time (I started out as an intern, and let me tell you, their internships are NOT representative of how you will ultimately be treated when you are full time).

-Travelled all the time
    -Never worked less than 60 hours per week, usually more like 80-90
    -Treated like absolute dirt - there is absolutely no respect given to staff. Seniors (who are at most 2 years ahead of you) think it's their role to make you feel as insignificant as possible.
    -Tedious, rote, remedial work is all you get to do for your first couple of years. It's such a waste! Big 4 hire the best, brightest, most ambitious young people out there and then they waste their talents, treat their people like garbage, and burn employees out in one year flat usually. I had a Master's degree and was a CPA when I started there and was doing the most basic data entry, errand boy-type work you could ever imagine (can you say "bagel duty"?).
    -It's not okay to think outside of the box
    -You are just a cog in the wheel- you have no idea what your work means to the overall picture of one audit, much less the firm as a whole
    -Woefully underpaid given the circumstances
    -Everyone promoted and paid on a set schedule, regardless of your performance compared to your peers
    -Cliques, good ol' boys club, brown-nosing, politics

People who stick around are sycophants and puppets. Life is much better on the "outside", or "in industry" as they say.

Advice to Management

Quit working people to the bone and being satisfied with 30-40% annual attrition rates just because you will have a new group of suckers each fall. People deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, and basic compassion. Also, you hire amazing talent and then chase them away!

fun but very political

Former Employee - HRM in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - HRM in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

benefits are competitive, i think

Cons

low wage low promotion low morale

Advice to Management

practice what you preach