There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Fantastic resume builder, but comes at a high price

Former Employee - ERS Consultant in Denver, CO
Former Employee - ERS Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

-Health, dental, vision benefits were good -There is a big focus on continuing education, job skills training, and learning that was really cool -Two words: Brand Name. Having this on your resume gets you in "the club" once you leave Deloitte. I was shocked at the weight that having that on my resume carried. It's totally overrated in my opinion, but man will this open doors for you.

Cons

I hated almost every minute of this job once I started full time (I started out as an intern, and let me tell you, their internships are NOT representative of how you will ultimately be treated when you are full time). -Travelled all the time -Never worked less than 60 hours per week, usually more like 80-90 -Treated like absolute dirt - there is absolutely no respect given to staff. Seniors (who are at most 2 years ahead of you) think it's their role to make you feel as insignificant as possible. -Tedious, rote, remedial work is all you get to do for your first couple of years. It's such a waste! Big 4 hire the best, brightest, most ambitious young people out there and then they waste their talents, treat their people like garbage, and burn employees out in one year flat usually. I had a Master's degree and was a CPA when I started there and was doing the most basic data entry, errand boy-type work you could ever imagine (can you say "bagel duty"?). -It's not okay to think outside of the box -You are just a cog in the wheel- you have no idea what your work means to the overall picture of one audit, much less the firm as a whole -Woefully underpaid given the circumstances -Everyone promoted and paid on a set schedule, regardless of your performance compared to your peers -Cliques, good ol' boys club, brown-nosing, politics People who stick around are sycophants and puppets. Life is much better on the "outside", or "in industry" as they say.

Advice to Management

Quit working people to the bone and being satisfied with 30-40% annual attrition rates just because you will have a new group of suckers each fall. People deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, and basic compassion. Also, you hire amazing talent and then chase them away!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Solid Place to Start Career

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Great experience right away Strong background in accounting CPA Good feedback structure

Cons

Promotions are batched Pay is tough and depending on market below other big 4 firms Work load between client engagements is not always fairly distributed

Advice to Management

Match compensation practices of other big 4 firms

Deloitte is a great place to start a career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

A great client network and some real good projects.

Cons

Networking is more important than job performance. Difficult to break the default promotion cycle. Too much emphasis on "firm activities" versus actual project performance.

Advice to Management

Consulting is all about client delivery - focus on client deliverables and on project performance, than on firm activities.