Deloitte

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very professional environment;
Lots of vacation days;
Great learning and growth opportunities.

Cons

Low pay;
Long working hours;
Stressful projects.

Treat manager and below level employees better before they jump ship.

6970 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Deloitte Consulting is no place for a developer. The technology talk is all talk.

Current Employee - Specialist Senior (Deloitte Likes to Do Things Backwards) in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met some great developers but three of four have quit due to poor management and few opportunities.

Cons

Demoralizing annual review process. They don't care at all about the quality of the work, only corporate buzzwords like building your eminence. My manager has zero coding experience yet felt qualified to rate my work average. It was well above average and I worked long hours without a single thanks all year. I haven't bothered to wait until the salary review that comes two months later to start looking for a job where quality work is acknowledged and appreciated.

They will tell you you get to set your own goals. You don't. You only get to write a very narrow goal in areas that they have set for you whether you have any interest in that area or not.

They will tell you they have great technical education available. It's outdated, incomplete and hard to use. If you try to get outside courses you will be told you need to stay on the project. They will forget this at review time and say you should have done more.

Drop the annual review process. It's the worst I've ever seen in 25 years in the business.

Create a technology track. The specialist track isn't it. It's full of non tech people like PMPs. Do not let PMPs review developer work. They are not qualified to do so.

The pay is too low. I had two offers that were 40% raises within weeks of looking after this year's unfair review. I have no idea what the salary adjustment and bonus will be but there is almost zero chance I will stick around Deloitte after bonus time.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Summer Scholar in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Summer Scholar in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Deloitte as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of freebies stuff. Nice, collaborative coworkers. Good pay

Cons

Not as technically demanding as some of the jobs in the same field.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte