Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Deloitte...long hours...reasonable pay...flexibility

Former Employee - Consulting Manager  in  Melbourne (Australia)
Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte provide's good work/life balance opportunities in Australia. Especially for women who need a year off for the birth of a new child, or for those seeking to travel. I took a years leave of absence in order to travel the world. This was made easier knowing that I had a reasonable paying job to return to.

That aside, the firm allows you to work from home when necessary. Because staff are provided laptops and wireless cards, you can complete certain work from home. Some staff even negotiate to work from home a day a week. However this will depend on your role.

Lastly, I managed to meet some life long friends with, who I have traveled with and spent countless good times with outside of the office. If you're going to work with someone 8 hours a day, it's nice if you can enjoy their company.

Cons

The hours can often be demanding. I isn't unheard of to have to work 60 or 70 hours a week sometimes. Whilst this isn't the norm I would suggest that people looking to work 9-5.30 shouldn't apply for jobs at Deloitte.

Secondly, the corporate ladder isn't very flexible. Once you have a position, you must work your way up each rung. Given the company has so many employees, they are unable to judge individuals completely on their merits.

The pay is not as high as positions at the other big four accounting firms. And this salary is present with superannuation include...unlike other Australian companies. This makes the value seem higher than what it is. So be mindful of that.

Some service lines I have worked for have leaders who are not very inspirational, and who don't have the respect of the actual workers. Given my role was very technology focussed it was worrying to see that the partners in this area of the business weren't very clued on about new technologies or approaches that could help our clients.

I would also say that we generally choose work based on the value, as opposed to ensuring we keep our skill sets relevant for the future. Again, with technology it is important to make sure your staff are skilled in the latest and most applicable technologies. Without doing so, you create room for new, more skilled competitors to come in and take the work.

6579 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Job security is no longer so secure.

Former Employee - Audit Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

The one thing that kept me staying there as long as I did was the camaraderie and quality of my co-workers. The work was horrible, and senior management did a poor job of recognizing achievement, but it was the opportunity to work with my peers that kept me coming in every day.

Cons

Currently laying-off audit staff.
    Management do a poor job of recognizing effort and achievement.

Do a better job at forecasting future staffing needs. During the SOX404 implementation period, we were run extremely hard, as staffing levels were grossly inadequate. In recent years, with results less than hoped for by the Partnership (still profitable, just not enough) have laid-off over 20% of the staff.

ok

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

je me suis bien senti dans la boite

Cons

je retraivaillerais pour cette boite sans souci

je me suis bien senti dans la boite

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!