Deloitte
3.5 of 5 6,111 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Best of the Big 4

ERS Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsQuite simply, I'm challenged every day to so something different. As a professional services firm, obviously client interaction is the primary job and it's fascinating to me to interact with myriad different kinds of people of companies. The firm does all kinds of client service work, so there's probably some kind of interesting work for anyone interested in the firm. Excuse me if I sound a little "rah rah Deloitte" but the firm takes good care of me and lets me do work I enjoy with people I respect and care about. "The people" is something Deloitte uses as a selling point in recruiting and I do beleive it's more than just hype. The people at Deloitte are bright, motivated, team players. I've worked on a multitude of different projects and made good friends internally at every one. I also have to give special mention to the internal feedback system. Professionals at every level are encouraged to use a formal scorecard system to get feedback from their colleagues about what they're doing and how they can do it better. The scorecards are an invaluable tool for improving job performance.

ConsThis kind of work isn't for everyone. It took me 6 months in the firm before i really found a kind of work I enjoy, and nearly half of the recruiting class I started with have moved on within 2 years. The hours can be long and the travel times can be high. You have to be willing to be a mobile worker. I don't have a desk of my own, and whenever I'm in the home office, I have to reserve space ahead of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management does a good job of obfuscating the promotion and compensation adjustment processes. While the feedback process is outstanding, it's hard to tell how that translates back into promotions and raises.

Hard work, long hours = great career and business experience

Consulting Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros: Working at Deloitte offers practitioners business experience across multiple industries, an opportunity to learn new skills quickly (on the job experience), and… Cons: As with any big 4 consulting firm, practitioners are expected to put in long… Advice to Senior Management: more timely feedback to employees, more mentorship, and more recognition… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Professional growth. Spot on.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros: Professional growth is the main reason to join a company like Deloitte. With the amount of trainings and varied on-the-job experience, it makes Deloitte truly… Cons: Work-life balance can be a joke at times as Managers have been known to pressure people to work during their vacation time. Also, you will… Advice to Senior Management: A few main points: -Never ask your staff to eat hours. If you sold a service for a set number of hours, you better be ready… More
There are newer reviews on Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria. All reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees.