There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great name for your resume, but no real future here.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing, and the people are great to work with. Most everyone is intelligent and competent and genuinely interested in doing the best job possible. Lots of perks, and plenty of work. I can honestly say I've never had a boring day here.

Cons

Despite what they tell you, there's no real mobility out of an admin role here. I get stonewalled when I ask about it, even specific opportunities I've been given, and my manager certainly isn't interested in helping me move to a different line of work. I've also had difficulties with my manager and HR rep not being interested in assisting me at all in getting a higher degree. Unfortunately it seems like they want me to stay exactly where I am forever, making this a difficult place to make a long term career out of.

Don't pin your employees down. Encourage them to take up new opportunities and grow into different roles as they emerge naturally. And don't micromanage!

reviews filtered by

Global - OIM

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Glen Mills, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Glen Mills, PA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

PTO (vacation) - 3 weeks. Unfortunately you are told to use it when you seek comp time when you regularly work 60 hrs a week and weekends.

Cons

Mismanaged and miguided leadership has run the morale to the ground. The attrition rate is terrible. Managers and PMO lacking rudimentary experience in technology.

It's time to stop spending money on bar nights and focus on getting the delivery right. It might help if the CIO or the CTO shows up to connect at the ground level. Be open with the people of the direction and future of OIM. Fire the middle managers who are useless. Stop the blame culture and stop riding on the backs of those who are working horrific hours. Revamp the review process and promote the people who understand the technology and are passionate about their work.

2. Good culture, empty promises

Former Employee - Audit Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Audit Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great network of people developed

Cons

Long hours, not much flexibility, empty promises with regards to opportunities within the firm

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte