Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great place to discover yourself

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Deloitte is a great place to begin one's career after finishing college. The amount of responsibility you can get and the exposure to key client personnel is amazing--it's incomparable to your friends in industry. If on a travelling assignment, the perks are superb. In my four years with the firm I have gained experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, functional design, development, functional testing, and performance testing. Additionally, I have supervised small teams ranging in size from three to twelve.

Cons

If you are in the Systems Integration service line of the Technology service area, and in Public Sector, don't even think about work/life balance. The firm becomes a major part of your life. The firm undersells their Public Sector contracts to remain competitive and ends up burning out some of their stars.

Before estimating prices for large-scale public sector projects, ask your staff about their experiences, including how much overtime they worked.

6612 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Excellent Opportunity for Professional Growth

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Toronto, OH
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Toronto, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment and supportive colleagues in my department.

Cons

Far too competitive between employees

None at this time

Truly enjoyed the work environment and people, but the consistent 90% travel required is a major burden

Former Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Opportunity to work with some of the best and most tatlented people in a variety of fields
     - Great career opportunity and growth
     - Working on challenging and high profile projects

Cons

- The never ending weekly travel to a client site required to stay with the firm is a burden

Find a way to use current communication and collaboration tools to allow your consultants to be effective for the client, while reducing the required travel

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!