Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

1) Interesting business questions and situations: we have the opportunity to work with our clients on many of their most interesting and challenging issues.

2) Apprenticeship-driven culture: leaders take the time during project work and beyond to help build skills and expertise in the staff.

3) Diverse roles and projects: the goal of many people out of undergrad and grad school entering consulting is to try out various types of work and industries, Deloitte has absolutely afforded me that opportunity to learn and explore before specializing.

4) Incredibly talented and fun staff: probably the single thing that makes me love my job is the staff I get to work with day to day. Bright, talented and definitely pass the 'airplane' test of fun to be around.

Cons

The biggest challenge, and often the reason I've seen peers move into other roles, is the amount of travel. While there are non-client facing roles that allow you to be at home, the client-facing side of the business requires frequent travel to work on-site with our clients. This can mean long periods of time away from home.

Other reviews for Deloitte

Challenging and high demand services organization, with exposure to talented and intelligent professionals

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Exposure to brilliant professionals, with deep industry experience and commitment to excellence
    Much better pay than other Federal consulting firms
    Cash bonuses
    Generous paid time off and benefits
    Good job mobility - able to choose your own career path fairly independently

Cons

Training requirements are tough: 40 hours per year
    Very pressure filled job atmosphere - there is an unspoken mentality of "up or out", meaning get promoted, or get laid off.
    Performance Reviews are cumbersome - semi-annual reviews, plus reviews after all projects (a project is defined as work greater than 80 hours). A lot of time is spent either submitting own evaluations, or providing feedback for others

Office of Information Management Summer Intern

Former Employee - QA Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Very positive office environment. Everyone is extremely intelligent and encouraging. The managers put a lot of responsibility on the interns to get the work done that is assigned to them. The managers are not constantly checking in on the interns to make sure they are doing their work, the interns are allowed to manage their time as long as the work is done within the given timeline.

Cons

Only con was that since it was the first year OIM had interns, the internship program had a few bugs in it, or the program seemed a bit disorganized at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!