Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond.

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) Interesting business questions and situations: we have the opportunity to work with our clients on many of their most interesting and challenging issues.

2) Apprenticeship-driven culture: leaders take the time during project work and beyond to help build skills and expertise in the staff.

3) Diverse roles and projects: the goal of many people out of undergrad and grad school entering consulting is to try out various types of work and industries, Deloitte has absolutely afforded me that opportunity to learn and explore before specializing.

4) Incredibly talented and fun staff: probably the single thing that makes me love my job is the staff I get to work with day to day. Bright, talented and definitely pass the 'airplane' test of fun to be around.

Cons

The biggest challenge, and often the reason I've seen peers move into other roles, is the amount of travel. While there are non-client facing roles that allow you to be at home, the client-facing side of the business requires frequent travel to work on-site with our clients. This can mean long periods of time away from home.

6970 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Challenging and high demand services organization, with exposure to talented and intelligent professionals

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to brilliant professionals, with deep industry experience and commitment to excellence
    Much better pay than other Federal consulting firms
    Cash bonuses
    Generous paid time off and benefits
    Good job mobility - able to choose your own career path fairly independently

Cons

Training requirements are tough: 40 hours per year
    Very pressure filled job atmosphere - there is an unspoken mentality of "up or out", meaning get promoted, or get laid off.
    Performance Reviews are cumbersome - semi-annual reviews, plus reviews after all projects (a project is defined as work greater than 80 hours). A lot of time is spent either submitting own evaluations, or providing feedback for others

Great place to work and advance your career

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte provides opportunities to make large impacts with your clients and their business. These opportunities will come earlier in your career than if you were in industry. The pay and benefits are some of the best available and the people are some of the brightest you will work with.

Cons

The consulting life style is not for everyone and the travel and time required for this job can be very stressful. While the company does a lot to help people manage this and provides flexibility when possible, it is a reality that everyone must manage.

Focus on the people and stay true to the core values of Deloitte as we continue to grow rapidly. Do not sacrifice what has made this such a great place to work in order to hit aggressive growth targets.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte