Deloitte

Deloitte--People, Resources, Opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte has a great culture that is very supportive and inclusive. The people are outgoing and the firm has a strong development culture with many career opportunities. The work is always challenging, and the promotion schedule is quick. We receive effective communication from senior management, we have a solid benefits package, cutting-edge technology and resources, and a culture of integrity and innovation that all combine to a very satisfying work environment.

Cons

Client projects can require long hours on short notice, and the general professional-services environment can be very demanding and not very forgiving. Demanding assignments provide developmental opportunities, but the size of the firm can lead to some inefficiencies.

Recognize individual achievements more closely, raise the 401(k) match percentage, provide better training for managers to transition into their new responsibilities, and enhance scheduling flexibility to add resources where they're needed most.

7176 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Deloitte Review is excellent

Current Employee - Tax Manager in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The work atmosphere at Deloitte is excellent.

Cons

The matching in the 401(k) by the employer should be higher.

Senior Management should be more communicative.

People are too hard on Deloitte

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

There is usually a lot of flexibility e.g. working from home for a few hours to wait for the cable guy, etc. They are also very generous in the PTO package and I have never had a problem using it all. I feel like Deloitte does try to give us work life balance, whether it works is another story as I feel people are just too dedicated. But that is the kind of person Deloitte recruits. I also feel like I am fairly compensated for my dedication and make a good salary comparative to my peers in other industries, however I do work more than they do.

Cons

You only get bonuses at a certain level or above and they are never guaranteed or to be expected, so that is a bummer. Obviously, you work hard for your money and the multiple busy seasons per year in my area can be a drag. There were also some extreme working conditions I had to endure for a while and I do not feel as if I was compensated fairly (or at all) by Deloitte management for my sacrifices. A little more recognition at those times would be nice... there are systems in place but I do not feel management frequently uses them.

Keep implementing the cutting edge strategies that keep us ahead of the game.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte