Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Deloitte--People, Resources, Opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Ann Arbor, MI
Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Deloitte has a great culture that is very supportive and inclusive. The people are outgoing and the firm has a strong development culture with many career opportunities. The work is always challenging, and the promotion schedule is quick. We receive effective communication from senior management, we have a solid benefits package, cutting-edge technology and resources, and a culture of integrity and innovation that all combine to a very satisfying work environment.

Cons

Client projects can require long hours on short notice, and the general professional-services environment can be very demanding and not very forgiving. Demanding assignments provide developmental opportunities, but the size of the firm can lead to some inefficiencies.

Recognize individual achievements more closely, raise the 401(k) match percentage, provide better training for managers to transition into their new responsibilities, and enhance scheduling flexibility to add resources where they're needed most.

Other reviews for Deloitte

Deloitte Review is excellent

Current Employee - Tax Manager  in  San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in San Juan, PR

Pros

The work atmosphere at Deloitte is excellent.

Cons

The matching in the 401(k) by the employer should be higher.

Senior Management should be more communicative.

Deloitte a great place to work, grow, share and be successful.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Commitment to practitioners and to the community through their programs, internal intiatives and support for community activities. Practitioners are able to take interests from their personal life and make them Deloitte initiatives. For instance, I am involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters. There is an annual Bowl-A-Thon to help raise money for the organization; Deloitte encourages its staff to participate in these events and to encourage others to attend. They also sponsor membership fees for various professional organizations; have a day of service, where all practitioners go out into the neighboring communities for the day and help better the environments where the offices are located.

Cons

We provide our clients with the best we have to offer and that often impacts work-life balance. As with most clients, when an RFP is presented they want to get the work done for the lowest price possible. In some cases, potential clients are restricted by budget; however, in other cases, they push the envelope to get the best deal. If we, as a top producing firm with a great reputation for success, understand what it takes to successfully complete the task, we should stick to those number instead of cutting for the sake of price. Ultimately, it hurts the practitioners who are forced to do the work typically expected with more resources.

When bidding on projects, bid the need and not the price. So often we bid a smaller staff to do a large implementation because of price. At the end the staff end up overworked and lack a healthy balance of work and personal life.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!