Great job

Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lot of young ambitious people

Cons

must be proactive about opportunities

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Challenging work on good projects giving solid experience diminished by bureaucracy and politics

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chance to work with some of the brightest talent around. Good pay, good benefits, some training. Big name and good experience on your resume when you leave. Projects are challenging and interesting. You will be busy.

Cons

Managers expect you to put in considerable overtime. You need to work on your primary project, and also do a considerable amount of relatively valueless training and other paperwork because the company is very worried about compliance. Deloitte is not as forward-thinking and high-tech as other large consulting companies. They lack good automation both on their client projects and internally. Their confusing and difficult to navigate website was a great example of that, during the time period I worked there. Finally, some decisions were very poorly thought out. As an example, an edict came down that no vacations could be over one or two consecutive weeks. Deloitte hires many Indians, and they typically bank several years of vacation time in order to take a long vacation in India. This decision was a poor way to treat valued employees, but this was the overall general attitude of the company in many things.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to find a better way to listen to the ground troops, rather than the reports trickling up to upper management. Deloitte hires good people, why not listen to their ideas?

2. Hard but you can do it

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

around very intelligent people all the time

Cons

no good exit opportunities once you leave

Advice to Management

Initial contact was made at Engineering Career Fair. After which I went to a Deloitte BTA dinner and met with several current employee's as well as fellow applicants. After that I was informed of selection and invited to an interviewee only event where we got to network with the interviewers and observe a significant presentation about Deloitte. Interviews were both behavioral and case type side by side, 25-35mins long each.