There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great place to work with the top people in your area of expertise.

Current Employee - Talent in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Talent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely flexible work arrangements that contribute to work like balance

Cons

Lots of hours, you get flexibliity but you still have to work lots of hours

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. Great people, my work may not have been relevant in today's world.

Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent network of smart, fun people that seem to truly care about your experience in and out of the workplace.

Cons

Technology used is behind, spent too much time trying to solve issues that other companies have already solved. My work was not implemented as much as I had hoped.

2. Great company if you are willing to travel

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great reputation, provides many potential career paths, community involvement, world wide, privately owned

Cons

Associate path severely limits a persons ability to grow within the company. In addition to limited growth potential, Associates are also not paid at a similar scale, nor are they rewarded for keeping customers, growing the local accounts at the same level consultants are rewarded for new business. Isn't the customer you already have the most important customer? Many development projects are staffed highly with staff from outside the country to reduce costs. Some of the issues with this result in communication challenges, drastic cultural differences and US citizens not being given opportunities that helps pull our economy up. We need to get more of our college students employed and offer less to foreigners.

Advice to Management

Associates are the key to many long term projects, they are however not rewarded in the same way that traditional consultants are. In many cases Associates provide consultants the opportunity to work on proposals and not be tied to day to day results. Unfortunately consultants are given the titles on many projects to show they are moving through the firm. They are also typically given the kudos for the work on proposals as well as the work that was completed by the associates while they were working on the proposals. This ultimately drives associates out of the firm. Along with that a wealth of knowledge also leaves. Its much easier to win a renewal when a customer is happy. It is much harder to win a customer back that you have lost. Associates have a better ability to focus on customer satisfaction as they are not chasing the next sell. Consultants do serve a great purpose, they should not however be selected over an associate for promotion just because the firm needs to provide a consultant an opportunity to grow. This opportunity to grow and advance should be based on their ability to sale business and complete short term projects successfully. Despite some of the differences that come with salaries for US citizens and those from outside of the US it would stand to reason that if you brought more people up through the ranks and trained them to be what you need/will need would provide a lower cost point at the beginning and a team that will breed more dedicated staff over time. As staff matures, takes on families, is ready to settle down to a true home base, they can be used to drive long term projects to success. They will be able to be more customer focused instead of prospect focused. Typically when you are young, the travel and fast pace environment is fun and allows you to grow and mature quickly. As you get older, the need for more work life balance is greater. Driving people to travel in order to continue to advance only puts families and our culture/country at risk. We need to keep our families together.