Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Underwhelmed and hoping things change soon....

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (less than a year)

Pros

PTO very generous, good benefits, work-life balance

Cons

Very layered and hierarchical; seems like they are more focused on how long you have been there versus how much you contribute. Do not welcome new people - the culture is stale and people seem generally unhappy to be there.

Be honest with yourselves about what you are & are not & hire accordingly - don't aim higher than you are willing to accomodate.

7421 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Challenging work on good projects giving solid experience diminished by bureaucracy and politics

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Chance to work with some of the brightest talent around. Good pay, good benefits, some training. Big name and good experience on your resume when you leave. Projects are challenging and interesting. You will be busy.

Cons

Managers expect you to put in considerable overtime. You need to work on your primary project, and also do a considerable amount of relatively valueless training and other paperwork because the company is very worried about compliance. Deloitte is not as forward-thinking and high-tech as other large consulting companies. They lack good automation both on their client projects and internally. Their confusing and difficult to navigate website was a great example of that, during the time period I worked there. Finally, some decisions were very poorly thought out. As an example, an edict came down that no vacations could be over one or two consecutive weeks. Deloitte hires many Indians, and they typically bank several years of vacation time in order to take a long vacation in India. This decision was a poor way to treat valued employees, but this was the overall general attitude of the company in many things.

My advice to management is to find a better way to listen to the ground troops, rather than the reports trickling up to upper management. Deloitte hires good people, why not listen to their ideas?

My experience at Deloitte

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Good name recognition
    Can obtain great work experience if you're on the right project
    Great co-workers

Cons

The work varies from project to project, which is good but sometimes you could end up getting stuck on a bad project
    There's not as much training as I think there could be in the Federal practice
    Not a lot of opportunity to gain technical finance experience in the Federal Practice

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte