Big 4 - D&T

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Audit Staff in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

This is a great place to start your career. You will get a learning experience unlike any other.

Cons

Long work hours during busy season. Very stressful evironment to work in.

Advice to Management

Reward those that excel.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Former BearingPoint practitioner just learning about Deloitte post acquisition...

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte has done an excellent job integrating the former BearingPoint Public Services resources. I have been impressed with the integration across member firms and the warmth of which we were all welcomed. Deloitte's intranet integration and transparency are superior to that of BearingPoint's in my opinion however I believe BearingPoint's delivery methodology and technology integration tools are/were superior and I am looking forward to seeing them integrated into the Deloitte environment. In terms of the firm overall its typical Big Four, I grew up at E&Y and KPMG and in my opinion Deloitte is closer to E&Y culturally than it is KPMG, LLP. As a matter of fact I would say that it is superior to KPMG and more personal than PwC. I am pleased to be with the part of BearingPoint that was acquired by Deloitte as opposed to the practices acquired by PwC based on discussions with my former BearingPoint peers.

Cons

I have not been here long enough to really comment... I would say I suspect Deloitte can trim down the staff structure a bit. At BearingPoint we had become very lean out of necessity and I believe that the Big Four should try and streamline processes while things are good to stay ahead of the game. Additionally, I would say that Deloitte has some very odd and less than employee friendly expense policies below the level of manager, but I don't know why they are like that.

Advice to Management

Continue with the effective BearingPoint integration and quickly capitalize on the market opportunity we have and I think we will all be very happy and successful...

Yikes

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Solid compensation package, fair benefits, some interesting projects, competent colleagues, opportunity to get engaged in variety of firm initiatives for those who wish to do so.

Cons

Poor work life balance, partner level is not approachable, lack of honesty and transparency on part of senior management, boys club

Advice to Management

It is key to address your employees with honesty when addressing the future of the firm. Many times, senior management failed to honesty and accurately address the direction of the firm, and it continues to mislead its employees