Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Understanding goes a long way

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in New York, NY
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Based on my relationships and higher ups while working here, I have been provided flexibility with my schedule in my specific situation. There are also a lot of free courses to ensure your skillset is up-to-date at all times. This has been truly helpful.

Cons

Overall, because the admin assistants are at the bottom of the totem pole, we do not get the perks we see others get. This includes working remotely, salary increases and promotions. Also, to move into another position from an admin position... there are not many opportunities in this area, but I do not know if that is specific to the New York region.

6945 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Neutral

Current Employee - Consultant in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros: Growth opportunities, high caliber firm, cache

Cons

Cons: require a lot of extracurricular activities

Deloitte Tax: the tax accounting version of "Survivor"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work with Fortune 100 companies
    Access to world-class resources
    Ability to work with very smart, driven, and talented people
    Generous benefits package

Cons

No true 360 reviews (only Big 4 not to incorporate this); only top down reviews
    Managers and senior managers are not taught how to develop their staff and seniors
    Principals, Partners, and Directors (PPD) do not take remedial or punitive action against managerial or senior managerial malfeasance; political decisions made to the detriment of staff are not discussed or addressed
    Loses talent like a sieve; unable to retain the talent they identify
    Compensation trails competitors (for some groups)

Your business model relies on a vast array of readily available, young talent. However, you do not effectively develop these talented individuals, do not protect their careers from territorial, political managers, and then wonder why these same individuals leave for greener pastures. Make it a priority to build great, supportive teams and great client work will follow. Stop paying lip service to caring about your employees and actually reward good work. Get to know your people instead of reading about them in performance reviews which bear very little resemblance to their talents, personality, and culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte