Deloitte Advisory - Flexible schedule but generally long hours

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

There is a lot of job flexibility when you are not on the road. Generally can work from home on Fridays when not traveling. Most employees are in their mid-20's to early 30's.

Cons

Most advisory work requires almost 100% travel, which is fun in the beginning until it gets old to be on the road every week. The job is flexible, but you are required to work a lot of hours and at different times of the day/night.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Build your brand, gain flexibility

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Deloitte for over six years. While the work has never been easy, I am the type of person that thrives in a more intense, fast-paced environment. There were certainly times in my first year or two that I had worked a bit too hard or traveled a bit too long. That being said, having created a strong brand for myself early on, I have been afforded the opportunity to take on different roles and gain much greater flexibility over the years. Simply put, you put in your time and it pays off!

Cons

Expectations of this company and the jobs need to be reasonable -- you will work long hours at times and you will be expected to travel. If either of those are concerns, Deloitte probably is not a good match.

2. A Great Experience

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Columbus, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Breadth of exposure to various industries; ability to travel; caliber of co-workers and management; ability to advance quickly

Cons

Work / life balance was difficult to manage; difficult to build quality relationships with co-workers at the same level as you are always out in the field

Advice to Management

Encourage staff to maintain a healty balance between work life and non-work life