Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Quality of consulting projects is going downhill

S&O Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood place to build people skills
Good pay
For the most part, the people are pretty competent and are good people to talk to

ConsQuality of consulting projects has gone severely downhill over the past few years. If you are applying to S&O, know that it is much more heavily based on the Operations side (not very much strategy work). A lot of the projects that are sold are not even consulting projects - many are just staff augmentation roles - specifically, there are many roles that you wouldn't even need a high school education to do.

Junior staff is extremely unhappy. Not a great place to start a career, despite what the rankings may say. If you want to do consulting, look elsewhere. Many projects do not teach you any useful business skills (besides people skills - I will give Deloitte credit for building people skills), making you not very marketable for positions elsewhere.

You have very little control over your career development and staffing situations.

As a junior member of the staff, I know that the majority of the junior staff I've talked too are extremely dissatisfied with Deloitte and are seriously considering leaving the firm.

If you are being recruited from on-campus... Just know that this firm is definitely not on par with MBB.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, growth is great, but at what cost? Aggressive growth targets have led many partners to sell large projects that severely under-utilize the talent of your people. If the firm's strategic direction is to start making staff augmentation its core competency, then perhaps it should start recruiting for different types of resources.. (i.e., lower the bar for recruiting and lower the salary. you'd probably end up with people who are more satisfied with the work, and as a result, will give you better results)

Adopting ....... Anderson-like culture

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: To a certain degree diversity is welcome Cons: Certain leaders can yield absolute power. Advice to Senior Management: Move away from a acutely short-term matrix driven organization to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Project Controller Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Deloitte

Pros: - Very bright and dedicated people - Very competitive salary and benefits -… Cons: - Too many projects / project senior mgmt and leadership for a single person to handle and/or manage effectively - You must play "politics" to some… Advice to Senior Management: If you are promoting high quality in providing project controller services,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!