Deloitte

Exponential Career Growth

Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte is one of the quickest ways to advance your Career in the Business World. There is an extremely high learning curve, that continues through-out your Career. Your working with the best and the brightest people who all have similar high ambitions to succeed. Your value in the Market Place grows exponentially with your time spent at Deloitte. Business Week 2007 ratings place Deloitte as the #1 place to launch a career out of college.

Cons

There can be some extremely long hours. But much of that depends on the Clients you have. You are compensated with 23-28 PTO days and 10 paid holidays per year. Work life balance can be tough especially if you're working a lot of hours while trying to pass the CPA and still have some resemblance of a life.

Be aware the number of hours it takes to get something done and if the budgeted hours are too skimpy people will eat hours to get the job done and receive a good review.

7425 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Definitely A Great Experience

Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The experience and opportunity to work with talented people.

Cons

Too much working hours, but again, that's the industry standard.

None.

Deloitte dominates during the day Then hangs out after!

Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte will provides the opporotunity for people to grow within the field of accounting. They give you the flexibility for everyone to have a work life balance. Also, you are able to set your on times. If you want to come in late and stay late then that is ok or if you would rather come in early that is ok too. Upper management has confidence in you that you will get your work done and they wont stand over waiting for things to get completed. Deloitte Tax gives the opporotunity to work with clients directly even at an early position. Plus, there is always a happy hour going so its not all about hard work but Deloitte likes to have fun too.

Cons

Like any accounting firm, you are going to have to work a lot. Deloitte gives you plenty of vacation time so the time is there if you need, but during busy season it is busy. Deloitte has set goal hours that everyone has to meet weekly. I know in Houston is 55, but everyone is different. You wont get fired if you dont meet these hours, but they are simply a goal for everyone. Also, sometimes you are given last minute notice on an assignment, but that also goes along with working in a service industry. If the clients needs something Monday you have to get it to them on Monday. But, other then that I have enjoyed my time working with Deloitte and I believe the downsides are the things we take on with having a job.

My experience at Deloitte Senior Management has never really been too involved with the interns. This may be my only experience because I know several other interns have worked with senior managers. I think if they are a buddy to an intern or staff level then we could have a better outlook on the senior management roll because right now I am not exactly sure what the job requirements are for a senior manager

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte