There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Corporate environment that pushes you to improve

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by hardworking and intelligent individuals. You always want to improve and you are always learning new things. Stable career track and they support classes and fees related to becoming a CPA .

Cons

Have to work a lot of hours and although there is some work-life balance you may find yourself being overworked.

Create some smaller social activities outside of the office targeted at particular group chemistry.

reviews filtered by

Cog in the Machine

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company recognition nice on resume. I met some of the very top people and they were very cool, not the case with middle management unfortunately.

Cons

Where do I start? Horribly low raises, even with excellent performance reviews. I'd rather have nothing than less than 1%. My bosses couldn't even be bothered to say "hello" in the morning when walking by my desk. I finally gave up and left, thankfully for more money and a way better environment. Very depressing place to work.

Give cost of living raises please, we know you are getting them. Supervise your middle managers. As I said, the high-high ups were cool people, but some of the middle managers were really unprofessional at times.

Tough place but good experience

Current Employee - Associate 6 in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate 6 in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great, smart people and a good place to learn new skills

Cons

Expected to work 12 hr days; Associate model is second class in pay and opportunities

If you are going to have an Associate model, it would be better to separate the Consulting members from the Associates so that expectations and pay are not as painful to manage. The Associates are held to the same project expectations as the Consulting members yet are not valued or invested into (i.e. no DU or training opportunities).

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte