Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great place to work with lots of opportunities.

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great PTO - 5 weeks.
Salary is competitive with opportunities to earn bonuses or rewards.
Exposure to leadership and they have a open door policy, even to Partners.
Deloitte University

Cons

You work hard for all the Pros especially the 5 weeks of PTO with the expectation that if you are just a consultant you still have to reach at least 85% utilization. Also being expected to work more than 40 hours, it may or may not happen, but it most likely will. It all depends on the group you work for and the project you are on.

Keep up the good transparency between leadership and consultants.

7425 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Great place to kick off your career (Depending on your perspective)

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The top pro about working at Deloitte is the networks you make and the opportunities that are unlocked the second you walk in the door. Once you're here, you're a valued asset anywhere else in the industry. You are looked at by everyone in Accounting as a professional that has the skills and the experience to navigate pretty much any other Job in accounting. Not only do you gain valuable skills relating to accounting issues but you also gain an understanding of the inner workings of a variety of companies within industries, something that you can never achieve unless you're at a Big Four.

Personally, I joined Deloitte compared to any other of the Big Four because I liked the recruiters at my school. Believe it or not, that in itself was enough for me to lean towards working for Deloitte than anything else. That to me represented the culture and the people that I would be working with and it didn't disappoint. The people I work with are incredible; the drive and ambition within every individual I have met is off the charts; More so the work ethic and overall intelligence you find here simply cannot be found anywhere else.

Cons

With everything that Deloitte is, there are still a few things it lacks. And these missing pieces are pretty apparent right out the gate. The long hours and relatively low pay (at least for the first 6-7 years) are reasons enough for anyone to jump ship when you consider having and proving for a family as well as spending time with friends and family. That is the only con of working here. If you can live with working for twice minimum wage/hr (calculated) at least for the first few years of your career then this is the place for you.

Pay staff a little more, at least be close to being competitive with industry. It's understandable that Deloitte doesn't care about retaining talent but at least keep them happy while they're here. The perks are great but the salary just isn't up to par. Everyone realizes that there's nothing that anyone can do about what Deloitte decides to pay us but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be compensated well for our hard work.

Quite Ok

Current Contractor - Tax Senior in Arlington, VA
    Current Contractor - Tax Senior in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Collegial and encouraging and good atmosphere

Cons

none that immediately come to mind

none that immediately comes to mind

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte