Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Great place to launch your career - not somewhere to stay long term

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Smart and driven people - I've made some lifelong friends from my analyst class and have come away with a great mentor from upper management.
- Opportunity to be a self-starter - as a fresh college grad I've been able to explore a ton of industries and roles and I've taken on a high level of responsibility even with little experience. That said, it's definitely a 'sink or swim' atmosphere

Cons

- Work-Life Balance - As romantic as it sounds, travel for work gets old fast. Being on the road every week for a year + is exhausting and spending 24/7 with your co-workers isn't for everyone, even if they are great people. The culture also puts a lot of emphasis on 'firm activities' outside of client work, so on top of your 60+ hour week you have another 5-10 hours of night and weekend work that doesn't always get fairly assessed during year end performance meetings.
- Difficulty getting on projects that align with your interests - Most of my peers went into consulting because they didn't know what they wanted to do, and consulting is great for getting a wide range of experience. The problem is that after a year you may have honed in on a few interests, or at least decided what it is you don't like, but the staffing system is such that it's very hard to navigate to the projects you're interested in.

6970 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Tax Staff

Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits
    Smart people to work with
    Big clients
    Great place to start your career

Cons

No work life balance
    Disconnect between the upper management and staff
    Bad Politics

Great place to grow your career but not finish!!

Current Employee - Campus Recruiter
    Current Employee - Campus Recruiter

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and employee perks...you really got to travel in style

Cons

Very political, not culturally diverse (especially in the south), NO work life balance...you are always on call and it would be nothing for a partner to call you while you are out on PTO and even after they saw your "out of office".... horrible direct management and the employee appraisal system was the worse..360 Feedback?? YEAH RIGHT!! Also there is a nasty "good ole boy" system that truly lives on the consulting side...it was so easy to feel isolated if you were not a Caucasian male or cute Caucasian female

Stop wasting money and employees time promoting initiatives that don't even play out in real life!!! Also get rid of the "good ole boy" system...geez its 2013!!

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte